7.02.2009

moving, volunteering, babies, shoes, etc

Upon reading some of the blogs that I follow (PHYU PHYU, for example), I felt a bit depressed about my current shoe situation ... which was looking quite bleak. Don't get me wrong, I'm not like those girls who will blast their entire paycheck on that one pair of Jimmy Choo stilettos, but I do like to get myself a few statement pieces every once in a while :)

And so I was inspired to go find some suitable, and reasonably flashy homes for my feet. First stop? Saver's. I've got the friends that wouldn't ever dare to wear shoes bought from a thrift store, but hey! For these prices, no one would be able to resist them.

Doc Martens $20



Purple Suede Boots, babe!: $6

So as some of you may know, I volunteer at our local hospital, St Marys, every Thursday. (There is no apostrophe in the name of the clinic because the founders did not want to show posession ... or something like that). Anyways, on nice days I nix taking the tunnels from the parking ramp to the building, but instead walk on the path outside. This means that I get to pass the Rapunzel castle.

I always expect to see long locks of flaxen hair along the sides.
Don't you just love the look of freshly mown grass?

Now here are the photos of my new room that I promised earlier. It's a bit smaller, and I still haven't put anything on the walls but I really do like it so far. I feel like I'm in my own little loft :)



Books I am reading, are about to read, or have finished: Music of the Dolphins by Karen Hesse, Seeing by Jose Sarragamo, The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins, Unseen by TC McMullen, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers, Artemisia, The Crossing by Cormac McCarthy, some book about Jesus and the Templar Knights, and The Religion by Tim Willocks plus a DVD of Monty Python's Flying Circus is sitting on the top. I haven't read The Crossing, the Templar book, Artemisia, or The Religion yet but I'm eager to get into those. The rest I'm re-reading. I definitely recommend The Heart is a Lonely Hunter for anyone looking for a good book.
You can sort of see the roof of my old house in between those two white houses in the forefront.
The lovely view from my bedroom window.
Overview of aforementioned living quarters.
My closet, look how organized and pleasant it looks!

And of course, a cute baby with whom I had a happy, fluffy feeling 10 minutes with while her mother looked around at our garage sale.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those Doc Martens but I don't think I can pull it off as well as you did. *sniff sniff* Wish I had your long and slender legs...


Haha and the view from your bedroom!!!!! It looks so serene. Next time when I grow up, I think I want to get a house near a beach.:D:D:D:D

EURA. said...

I want to live like in the San Franciso bay area. Anything near water :)