7.08.2009

IKEA

It was one of those spontaneous outings. After breakfast and a bit of forced studying for the PSAT by my parents (Asians, I tell you), my dad loudly declared that he wanted to go to IKEA. And so my brother, my dad, and I hopped into our Lincoln Navigator (which I'm scared to drive not only because it's gargantuous, but also out of fear that some Greenpeace activists will egg my car or something) to take the 2 hour trip up to the cities.

Only 13 mpg? Sorry environment, luckily our Honda Civic and bikes get the most use in our household.

Some quaint MN countryside for you.

I couldn't resist sticking my head out of the window like a dog.

These are nearby the local refinery plant that is situated along Hwy 52. I think they look like those tripods from War of the Worlds.

We finally reach our place of destination! I love the stark simplicity of this place.









These jars filled with the most delicious cookies I've ever tasted were everywhere throughout the store. I think I ate about 20 of them.

My lunch: An open faced shrimp sandwich, yum!

I wonder if I can convince my parents to let me have a wall of Swedish Fish in my room?

Dad had his favorite: raw salmon!

Of course, my little brother went the chicken-tenders-and-fries route.

Almond pie, yum. Swedish food is delicious!


A quick little sketch my dad made in like 2 seconds while my brother and I looked on open-mouthed. Why oh why did I not get skills like my pop??


Of course, we took boxes of cookies home with us :)



When we finally arrived home after 5 hours of looking at modSwedishcolorful furniture, I was definitely going through some sensory overload. However, we're supposed to be going back next week to find a desk and bed for my room, and I'm ready to go!

1 comment:

Rosalie Bass said...

Ikea Stockholm = epicness. Red and black is a sexy combination in my opinion. haha.