7.10.2009

super shrimp sandwich

I was definitely inspired by my delicious open shrimp sandwich from IKEA, so when I was hungry today, I decided to make my own version! Of course, I needed to know how to boil an egg, cook shrimp, and make the mayo sauce first. Luckily, index cards make everything oh so easy.


I wa so glad to find out that the shrimp we bought was already cooked and that all I had to do was thaw them out. After they were not frozen anymore, I sprinkled a bit of salt and lemon juice on top.


Usually I hate mayonnaise. I think it's disgusting and unhealthy. However, with a dash of lemon juice and a bit of dill, it actually wasn't too bad.


Step 1: Spread some butter on toasted bread.


Step 2: Take the mayonnaise and spread over the bread.


Step 3: Slice your boiled eggs and set them neatly on top (or haphazardly, whatever floats your boat).


Step 4: Put shrimp on top of the egg!


Step 5: Take a spoonful of pesto and put it on top as decoratively as possible. It's obvious to see that I failed at that part.

And there you have it. A super shrimp sandwich a la Euranator.

PS
It tasted good.

2 comments:

Rosalie Bass said...

That sandwhich looks REALLY good.

EURA. said...

Oh yes :)